Medical Office Scheduling Supervisor / Lead – Interventional Radiology
The IR Medical Office Scheduling Supervisor is a hybrid remote opportunity, responsible for the daily oversite of the outpatient clinical and administrative Interventional Radiology employees and patient scheduling functions. We are primarily a non-patient facing administrative office supporting a Radiology service provider. On Wednesdays, this position is required to be onsite at our IR Clinic, which is patient facing. This position is responsible for overseeing the daily workflow of IR employees who serve as the front-line resource between the employees, providers, and hospital facilities. Employees also work a hybrid schedule of in office and remote from home.
- Performs and provides oversite of the daily workflow of outpatient clinical appointments and the IR clinic, ensuring that all necessary clinical supplies and equipment are available and operational.
- Oversees the tracking and coordination of patient appointments, which includes obtaining insurance authorizations, faxing of patient reports and letters to requesting providers, and any other related duties.
- Oversees and participates in the coding functions and obtaining appropriate authorizations; ensuring patient billing is accurately completed by coordination team.
- Works with physicians and staff to develop and implement procedures that facilitate efficient, safe, and quality services, including trades and swaps amongst radiologists.
- Works with Compliance Senior Management to maintain site preparedness for external and internal related inspections and audits.
- Communicates professionally and effectively with physicians, nurses, radiology staff and patients.
- Reinforces company policies and procedures to ensure accuracy, confidentiality while meeting all HIPAA requirements, and modeling and promoting customer focused service.
- Assists in completing employee evaluations, addressing employee performance issues, and handling payroll and attendance for team.
- Oversees internal and external customer concerns and assists in resolving office conflict.
- Technical School or Vocational Education (Healthcare Management or Radiology preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- AAPC CPC Certified or qualified (must take/pass exam within 12months of hire)
- Three to Five years’ in Radiology or other Healthcare Management experience preferred
- Basic MA experience preferred
- Technical School or Vocational Education in Healthcare Management or Radiology preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must have your Certified Professional “AAPC CPC” Certification or be qualified (must be able to take/pass exam within 12months of hire).
- Three to Five years’ Radiology, Healthcare Management experience preferred
- Basic MA experience preferred
- Up to 25% Travel, requiring a clean Motor Vehicle report and reliable transportation. Mileage will be reimbursed at the current IRS mileage rate.
- To work remote from your home a physical Broadband cable/fiber optics connection to the home for from an Internet Service Provider is required. Wireless or Satellite services are not allowed to be connected to company owned computer equipment.
PHYSICIAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Primarily sitting
- May have the need to lift between 25-50 lbs.
- Prolonged sitting, repetitive handwork
- This position can work remotely, with onsite attendance required as needed for clinic, team meetings, supervision, and hands-on training.
Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.