JOB TITLE: Systems Project Coordinator
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Administrative Supervision: The supervisor sets the overall objectives and resources available. Supervisor and employee, in consultation, develop deadlines, projects, and work to be completed. The employee plans and carries out the assignment, resolves most of the conflicts, coordinates work with others and interprets policy on own initiative. The employee keeps the supervisor informed of progress, potentially controversial matters, or far-reaching implications.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for effectively analyzing and integrating all aspects of meaningful use requirements and quality initiatives into patient care documentation. Work with our in-house IT and PACS on best practices, workflow optimization, and to ensure accuracy in reporting. Will work with MACRA/MIPS providers, and represent internal regulatory/compliance. In addition, this position will serve as the communication intermediary for radiologists, support staff, and clinicians for initial and continued systems training.
- Applies expert knowledge of existing workflow, and dependencies, to ensure Radiologists and DR staff receive proper training, mentoring, and on-going support of those processes.
- Provides initial and continued training for Radiologists on DRC PACS and Voice recognition.
- Creates and maintains database of templates needed for mapping procedure codes, normalizing DICOM descriptors, and other processes meant to utilize system features and enhance the user experience.
- Works with Radiologist and Administrators to develop and implement system report templates.
- Works with Radiologists to develop hanging protocols.
- Develops training plan and logistics to deliver training on upgrades and system enhancements to user’s enterprise wide.
- Provide oversight of quality measure reporting to promote compliance under MIPS, Meaningful Use, and other areas as assigned.
- Tracks reporting data to identify and communicate areas for improvement.
- Assists in the development of user policies and procedures.
- Effectively manages projects and other tasks as assigned.
- Participates effectively in meetings and interdepartmental work groups by contributing suggestions and ideas.
- Establishes communication and positive relationships by working as an effective team member; interacting courteously, professionally and effectively with all internal and external contacts.
- Ensures a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Consistently demonstrates flexibility and good judgment.
- Consults with co-workers and supervisor as necessary.
- Excellent technical knowledge of image technologies: InteleRad and Powerscribe.
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience with radiology applications.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Associates Degree in Radiology or related healthcare field or equivalent experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical or related healthcare field preferred.
- Previous knowledge of hospital or private radiology practice operations required.
- Previous experience in clinical healthcare and implementation or training in radiology systems (PACS and/or Speech Recognition) preferred.
- Previous knowledge of and expertise in the use of a variety of computer systems, as well as knowledge of radiology systems techniques, methods and equipment required.
- Previous experience in InteleRad and Powerscribe strongly preferred.
- Previous experience working with Radiology section chiefs, department heads, or clinical mangers and technologists.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office products.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once with high attention to detail and accuracy, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work autonomously and productively with strong self-motivation.
- Skilled in communicating information accurately and concisely in person, in written form, and via telephone as required.
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical information with clarity and patience.
- Skilled in demonstrating knowledge of work procedures by role modeling correct achievement of tasks.
- Superior customer service skills: demonstrate responsiveness, depth of knowledge and thoroughness.
- Excellent listening, comprehension, and oral communication skills and the ability to interact in a tactful and positive manner.
- Must represent the department during site visits in a professional manner.
- Ability to organize thoughts and work to effectively accomplish assignments.
- Ability to complete assignments in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain cooperative, effective working relationships with co-workers and other departments.
- Critical analysis and problem solving to meet needs of multi-disciplinary team.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Primarily office setting.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Sitting 6-8 hours/day.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.