Adult with “mild” HA. Example of basilar cisterns filled with SAH.
- Lamina terminalis cistern (anterior to suprasellar cistern within the interhemispheric fissure)
- Crural cistern (between the uncus and the cerebral peduncle = crus cerebri; some neuroanatomists refer to this area as the anterior aspect of the ambient cistern)
- Sylvian cistern (contains the M1 segment of the MCA); not to be confused with the sylvian fissure
- Ambient cistern (csf space lateral to the midbrain, may contain the crural cistern anteriorly)
- R supraclinoid segment/pcomm aneurysm with Murphy’s teat indicating site of rupture or imminent rupture of an intracranial aneurysm