Denver, CO—Nine new specialists—experts in various areas of human radiology—joined Diversified Radiology of Denver, Colorado this summer. The addition of these radiologists to the existing roster of skilled medical talent positions Diversified Radiology as one of the leading radiographic resources for the country using remote reading of radiographs and X-rays.
Headquartered in the Golden Triangle in Colorado’s capital city, Denver, Diversified’s radiologists on staff include specialists in breast and body imaging, interventional radiography, musculoskeletal, neuro radiology, nuclear medicine/PET radiologists and pediatric radiology. Here, radiologists read and interpret radiographs remotely for hospitals, clinics, emergency rooms and referring physicians across Colorado’s Front Range and the Rocky Mountains. Communities like Leadville rely on Diversified Radiology of Colorado to perform remote readings for patients in the small community in Park County. This affords Park County residents access to the same high quality radiography readings that highly populated cities like Denver offer without having to travel to this urban center.
That remote reading partnership means that patients in Leadville get the same expert interpretations of their diagnostic x-rays as do patients treated at clinics and hospitals in Denver who regularly use Diversified’s pool of experts for diagnosis. This advanced model of medical delivery is the next generation of medical science, explains Kim Travis, business development manager for Diversified Radiology of Denver.
“Our experts, called sub-specialists, are so highly trained in the intricacies of their particular body area that they are able to diagnose radiographs that another physician without that same depth of training might miss. Our service elevates the medical care that physicians and surgeons are able to provide and at the same time keeps healthcare affordable because each individual hospital or medical provider doesn’t need to replicate the same services,” Travis continues.
Among the radiologists new to the Diversified team are:
- Dr. Bradford Robinson completed his Diagnostic Radiology Residency at the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond, Virginia. He completed his MRI Fellowship with emphasis on MSK, Neuro, Body and Cardiovascular Imaging at the Medical College of Virginia.
- Dr. Barry Schoelch completed his Diagnostic Radiology Residency at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, MI. He completed his Abdominal/Body Imaging Fellowship at University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, NC in June 2009.
- Dr. Michael Oakes completed his Diagnostic Radiology Residency at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, MI. He completed his Body Imaging Fellowship in June 2009 at the University of Washington, Seattle, Washington.
- Dr. Bradley Ferguson is Diversified Radiology of Colorado’s new MSK Fellow for the coming year. He completed his Diagnostic Radiology Residency at the University of Colorado at Denver & Health Sciences Center.
- Dr. Vincent Herlihy completed his Diagnostic Radiology Residency at George Washington University, Washington D.C. He completed his MSK Fellowship at the University of Utah.
- Dr. Eric Handley completed his Diagnostic Radiology Residency at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, MA. He completed his MSK Fellowship at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in June 2008. Dr. Handley is coming to our practice from Charleston Radiologists, PA in Charleston, SC.Dr. Andrew Meade joins the Mammography team. He completed his Diagnostic Radiology Residency at National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Dr. Nicole Restauri completed her Diagnostic Radiology Residency at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pittsburgh, PA. She completed her Abdominal Imaging Fellowship in June 2009 at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Dr. Jason Handwerker completed his Diagnostic Radiology Residency at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital, Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA. He completed his Fellowship in Diagnostic Neuroradiology in June 2009 at Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA.
For information, contact Diversified Radiology of Colorado P.C., 938 Bannock Street, Suite 300, Denver, CO 80204, at 303-914-8800